Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions outlined herein apply to Victoria Sorkin (hereafter called “Victoria Sorkin”). By using this website you (hereinafter referred to as “the client”) confirm that you have read and accept all terms and conditions as follows:
A. Personal information
1. In order to purchase Victoria Sorkin‘s products (hereinafter referred to as “the products”) from the website the client must fill out a form including personal details such as full name, address, e-mail, phone number, etc.
2. The next step of the purchase process requires the client to fill out a payment form via PayPal including client’s credit card details, and further payment details as required.
3. Please be aware that posting false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory content (including personal information) is forbidden. Posting such information, may be treated as a criminal offence, and will result in legal actions against you, including any damages that might be caused to the website, Victoria Sorkin design ltd, its owner, managers or anyone else on their behalf.
4. Posting inaccurate details will result in the immediate cancellation of your order(s).
5. It is also forbidden to transfer your account to another party without our prior written consent.
6. The right to purchase the products using this website is restricted to people and or entities that:
6.1 Are over the age of 18 with eligibility and legal capacity.
6.2 Hold a valid credit card or payment method of one of the mentioned types: American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Cheque or e-cheque via PayPal.
7. Victoria Sorkin can refuse to provide an order(s) for the products and/or any service upon its sole and unlimited discretion, without the need for any justification.
B. Intellectual property
8. Victoria Sorkin’s intellectual property rights include all of the content which is from time-to-time incorporated, used, practiced, embodies in, or otherwise employed in this website, including, but not limited to, website design, products design, packaging design, products trademarks and trade names, specification, copyrights, currently or hereafter used by Victoria Sorkin, whether in this website or otherwise, and regardless of registration.
9. The client is forbidden, under any circumstances, to copy, modify, decompose, reverse assemble, disassemble or make any adaptation of Victoria Sorkin’s intellectual property rights including the content of this web site and the products which appear in it.
C. Business hours
10. Victoria Sorkin business days are between 9am and 5pm Monday to Thursday, eastern standard time.
D. Price policy
11. The price of the products shall be quoted by Victoria Sorkin and will be accepted as they appear on the website at the time of purchase. Victoria Sorkin reserves the right to update and change product prices at its sole and unlimited discretion.
12. Prices do not include taxes, levies or duties that may be charged by any competent authority for distribution and/or selling products outside of Canada. Such additional costs, if applied, shall be borne solely by the client.
13. Until further notice, and unless otherwise mentioned, Victoria Sorkin shall bear the costs for transport and packaging to Canada and the Usa only. For delivery to any other country, the shipping fee is $19.95 USD. As the recipient, the client is liable for all import duties and local sales taxes levied by the country he or she is shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release the order from customs upon arrival.
14. Please be aware that since each product is handmade, Victoria Sorkin cannot guarantee that it will be delivered exactly as the image appears on the website, and it may differ slightly from what is seen online, including but not limited to the product’s color, shape, size and design.
15. Jewellery only carries a 6-month guarantee for replacing or fixing broken, damaged and impaired products at Victoria Sorkin’s expense. The warranty does not include any damages caused by malice, improper use, or any use not in accordance with reasonable use for items of this kind. The warranty covers each item of jewellery for defects in manufacturing (based upon inspection and sole determination) of Victoria Sorkin and expressly excludes coverage for excessive wear and tear and/or physical/accidental abuse, loss and theft. Improper repair or warranty services performed by someone other than Victoria Sorkin will immediately void this warranty. Victoria Sorkin disclaims any liability for consequential or incidental damages.
16. Warranty service instructions: to send jewellery for warranty services, the client’s package must include the following:
– Client name
– Copy of invoice or invoice number
– Detailed description of the problem
– Client’s return address, phone number and e-mail address
17. Please package the jewellery in a properly secured box for shipping via a reliable, traceable carrier, such as USPS, UPS or Fedex. All shipping costs are the client’s responsibility. For the client’s protection, it is recommended that the item be insured against all risks, for at least its purchase price.
18. All legal proceedings (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with this agreement must be commenced within one year after the date of the client receiving the product.
19. Under no circumstances will Victoria Sorkin be liable to client whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any amount in excess of the total payment paid by client to Victoria Sorkin for the product.
20. Victoria Sorkin makes no warranties with regard to a product ordered by the client which is not accepted by Victoria Sorkin, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to technical problems and/or human mistakes. This website is intended for personal use only, including the granting of presents, but not for commercial use of any kind. Victoria Sorkin retains an unlimited right to decide, upon its sole discretion, not to accept any order and/or to cancel any order which Victoria Sorkin believes was delivered for commercial purposes including wholesale purposes and/or in contradiction to the restrictions stated above.
F. Return policy
21. Client is entitled to return a product within 7 days following the receipt of the product, by giving a prior written notice using the designated form on this website. 22. The returned product must be intact and in its original state and package, including the original labels, and invoice. 23. Notwithstanding the above, products in which any modification was made, upon client’s request, cannot be returned. 24. In any case of cancellation of the order, by the client, and/or return of the products (not including: Return of damaged products and/or mistaken shipment caused by Victoria Sorkin), the client must pay for all expenses and charges including transport, packaging, custom charges and insurance, for both the first delivery of the product(s) ordered and the return costs and expenses. 25. Only upon receipt of the returned product, will Victoria Sorkin credit the client for the sale price, after deducting 10% as a cancellation fee. 26. In any case, Victoria Sorkin will not be responsible for any lost or damaged products which may occur during the shipping of returned products.
27. The products shall be delivered to the listed address as it appears on the virtual form provided by the client or to any other address as mutually agreed between the parties, in writing.
28. Since Victoria Sorkin does not keep stock of the products, and the products are handmade upon request, client acknowledges that Victoria Sorkin cannot ensure the delivery of any order or any part of an order and cannot ensure a timetable for the delivery of any order. Client waives any claim regarding any undelivered order or any late delivered order.
29. Victoria Sorkin will attempt to deliver products within 21 working days, following the acceptance of the client’s credit card and/or necessary payment confirmation.
30. The products shall be delivered to client by a courier chosen by Victoria Sorkin at its sole and unlimited discretion, and according to the courier policy. Therefore, Victoria Sorkin shall not be held liable for any delay in delivery.
H. Applicable law
31. The rights and obligations of the parties under this agreement shall be governed and construed solely under the laws of the province of Ontario.
32. Victoria Sorkin reserves the right to unilaterally amend the terms of this website at any time by posting the amended terms on the correct corresponding web pages.